Rock Climbing Wall - Opening hours
Date/Time: Saturdays from 11am-3:30pm.
Cost: $15 per head eftpos and cash available.
Where: YMCA HB Office, 720 Pakowhai Road, Hastings.
- Climbers will need to fill out a Risk Waiver/Registration before climbing.
- People under 18 years old must have the waiver signed by a parent/caregiver before climbing.
- Waivers/Registration forms can be downloaded and printed before climbing.
- Once we have a waiver on file – you wont need a new one each time you climb.
- Check YMCAHB Facebook page for weather updates and notifications.
Rock Climbing Wall Rules
Risks - Climbing and abseiling are activities which involves risk of serious harm or loss of life, particularly resulting from falling from height. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement. Clients should be aware that the operator cannot guarantee your safety.
- You must bring somebody to belay (somebody to hold the safety rope) who is over 14 years of age.
- If you have never used our tower before you will need to complete a waiver/registration
- All climbers under 16 years old need to be signed in by an adult. A safety induction with our instructors must be completed before climbing/belaying.
- For climbers aged 12 years and under, parents must stay onsite for the duration of the child's visit.
- For climbers aged 13-15 years of age, parents must stay onsite until the child is deemed competent to climb.
- While climbing, all long hair must be tied up and all jewellery must be removed.
- Please bring covered shoes (or hire our climbing shoes) and wear comfortable trousers or shorts to climb in. Climbing barefoot is not allowed
- If hiring climbing shoes, you must bring socks to wear.
- Belayers must be at least 14 years of age and pass the belay skills test to receive approval to belay
- Never climb above or walk beneath another climber.
- Boulderers must keep their hands and feet below the red line.
- Holds may spin or break. Please inform a staff member if this happens.
- Please remove any rings or loose jewellery before climbing.